Thursday, February 9, 2012

FRESH GOODIES: New Style, New Stitch, New Size


Japanese Stab Binding


Celio Designs is branching out!!  Up until now all of our books were bound with a very lovely coptic stitch.  However, a time comes when you want to try something new.  Learning new stitches has been on my "to do" list for about...mmm, forever!  So I finally buckled down and have been working on some new books.  These not only have a new stitch, the Japanese Stab binding, but they are also a different size and style as well. 


These newer books are about 5.5"x6.5" and don't have a trace of the collage style artwork that I have come to love.  While I adore the collage style and will continue to make those types of journals, I also know that many people prefer a simplified, clean look.  I am happy to oblige.  To be honest, it is pretty exciting because now I get to use paper and fabric in a whole new way.  Though the newer books ARE simplified, they definitely AREN'T boring!!  I am looking for paper and fabric that is graphically striking and bold.  So here are the very first two of the trial run of the new style.  ... and keep your eyes open because I will be learning more stitches as I go along.   




No comments:

Post a Comment